August 30, 2006

I hate thinking of titles...

It's weird to think that I am starting my fifth year in this job. Definitely 3 years longer than I was planning on being here. I have some more thoughts on this that I think I will keep to myself for now.

The past couple of days have been spent training my new assistant. It's been good, but interesting for a few reasons: 1) He's a guy, and I've never had a guy assistant before, and 2) it's full on training as he has never worked in Admissions before. Usually, my assistants in the past have been 1) female and 2) had some kind of history working in admissions as a phone counselor or in data entry. This is all brand new to him. But he's doing really well. It's just a matter of me making sure I teach him everything he needs to know! I'm afraid I'll forget something and leave him stranded.

The other night on Kare 11 news (my favorite news station, by the way) they had a story about this organization called Starving Jesus. These two pastors were chaining themselves to a pew in downtown Minneapolis to make a statement about the need for church go-ers to get out of the pews and help in their communities. It was a really powerful piece, and got me thinking about my own life. What am I doing with the life God has given me? Sadly, as I reflected, the only thing that came to mind was "Not much."

I think a life change is coming...

3 comments:

justin winzenburg said...

I know what it's like. Good thoughts though, even if you feel like your coming up short. P.S. you forgot to add #3 to your list of who is usually your assistant. So here it is: #3) a crown student/graduate??? Maybe I'm wrong? There's something about Crown that keeps pulling us all back! And that's not a bad thing at all! Shoot, Lenny's there, Adam, yourself. Only one year left for me in school, then who knows, I'll have to see if there are any job opening :) Seriously though, it's a great place to work, and with great people. Say hi to Lenny, Adam and Jesse for me. Enjoy the start to year #5.

Sarah said...

Sorry, I figured #3 was a given, since they are all Crown students that work in our office :) Good to hear from you! How was Europe?

I will pass on your hellos to the guys. It is a great place to work...come join us!!

justin winzenburg said...

Europe was GREAT! A different place, but a great place! I never realized I'd love teaching English so much!!! Plus, Prague is the most beautiful city I've ever been to in the world--go if you have a chance! So all you need to do is tell Gianoulis to take his sabatical like Hustad--then maybe they'll have some room for me :)