February 19, 2009

Drills and water picks and novocaine...OH MY!

So, I have this pain in my jaw, that I suspect could be from my wisdom teeth. As I was looking up my symptoms and trying to diagnose the problem on WebMD (my new favorite site), one of the articles that came up among the jaw/teeth issues was "Dental Anxiety." Curious, I clicked the link.

"Do you ever get nervous just thinking about going to the dentist?"

That was the first line.

Yes, yes I do.

I get a sick feeling in my stomach; I feel sweaty; I get tense.

This may be why I haven't been to a dentist since high school.

That's right - it has been 10 YEARS since my last dental visit.

I know, I know...no wonder my jaw hurts. It's a miracle my teeth haven't fallen out! But hey, I brush, I rinse, I floss sometimes...

Right. I know. My appointment is next Wednesday at 3:30pm.

Shudder.

1 comment:

melmac said...

I am also ridiculously afraid of the dentist. I had a horrible experience and I've never fully recovered. My guy I have now is wonderful though.....perhaps yours will be too :)