May 03, 2006

Riddle me this...

Today I start interviewing people for my assistant's position. She is graduating and leaving me. I hate interviews. Mostly, I hate having to tell someone they don't get the job. It's a form of rejection, and I know how that feels. Yech.

I also hate evaluations. We are doing peer evaluations in my department. We are to speak the truth in love. (Eph 4:1-16) That's so much harder to do than to say. Double yech.

To update my last blog, my friend that I thought just thought of me as convenient has now popped up all over the place in my life. The Lord works in mysterious ways. A watched pot never boils. You have to give stuff up to gain some things.

My other friend...well, I was seriously afraid that he was on the brink of harming himself. Today, I think the Lord is trying to get through to him. Pray...hard.

And, my Masters class still is annoying as all get out...that has not changed. And I hate case studies. And I should have been a business major. Rats.

Lord, help me through these interviews. Lead me to the right choice!

No comments: