June 13, 2007

Oops, I Did It Again

I waited almost two months before I posted anything again. My bad. Here's the condensed version of what's been up:

1. I graduated with my Masters in Organizational Leadership. This has led to many questions like "So, are you leaving Crown?" and "What are your plans now?" "Probably," "maybe," and "I don't know" tend to be typical answers to these and others like them. The future's up in the air. I'm open to suggestions.

2. Life has been a bit crazy at work due to LIFE 2007. While it'll be fun to be in humid Orlando in July and see lots of people from days of yore, the details that need to get worked out before hand tend to be overwhelming at times. If I didn't have everything else to get done as well, like New Student Registration Days, visitors, etc., it'd probably be much smoother. I am looking forward to it, don't get me wrong. We are going to have an awesome, fun booth again, so if you are going to be at the conference, don't forget to come visit!!

3. Tutoring is something I never thought I would have so much fun doing. Unfortunately, my schedule doesn't allow me to get as many hours anymore, but that's okay. It's still a good time.

4. I'm contemplating the idea of joining a local library book club. I realized earlier this month that I have no or limited contact with non-Christians, and that's just not okay anymore. So, as I pondered my passions and hobbies and how I could incorporate them more into my life, a list of book clubs happened to fall into my lap. Okay, it fell into my email inbox. Same thing.

5. I'm also painting again. Another passion that got put on the back burner for a while. My question is: why are art supplies so darn expensive??

6. Lots of friends having babies. Remember when every summer had 2 or 3 weddings a month? Summer is now beginning to consist of baby showers and births. A new chapter in life. I wish people would slow down so I could catch up a little.

7. I've never liked ending lists with the number 6. I don't know why. I think it was those old Revelation videos from the 1970s. Remember those? The guillotine? Scarring for a young girl.


No comments: