February 07, 2008

Random Observations

1) I've been having some crazy dreams lately...
They all have been involving people from Minnesota, specifically Crown, and are the dreams that seem really, really REAL until you wake up, and they you're all discombobulated because you thought you WERE already awake, living in Minnesota again. All the situations, oddly enough, are ones that COULD actually be happening to the people in my dreams. This makes it hard to distinguish what is reality and what is not, especially when talking to people in Minnesota. So, I just keep my mouth shut for fear of weirding people out...

2) Being the Executive Assistant to the President of a college means that everyone knows who you are, and your full name (even if they don't pronounce it correctly). Unfortunately, I rarely know the name of the person talking to me, which I hate. I used to be so good at names and faces when I had visiting students at Crown. Now, I have to fake it all the time, which makes me feel like some shady car sales(wo)man or something. If only everyone wore nametags, or had their name and job title tatooed on their forehead. That'd be sweet.

That's all I've got for now. The Board of Trustees are here, and I've got some sweet centerpieces to put together.

1 comment:

melmac said...

Sarah! Hey there! I am officially adding you to my blog list so I can keep up with everything. I totally understand with the name thing. Every one of the 400+ people at my church think I should know there name. I do a lot of "buddy" "friend" "sir" ma'am" and then I sometimes just make up dumb names like "Bertha" or "Bart" just to be funny. It is so awkward!