November 09, 2007

One Week Down

Yes, yes, I know. I've been terrible at keeping this thing up to date. I'm such a tease.


The move went smoothly, though it was terribly long. Iowa and Nebraska went by quickly, Colorado mountains are gorgeous, the Mormons can keep Utah (so boring and desolate), Vegas made me sad.


No sign of smoke as far as I can tell. I love my new place, but wish my furniture would get here. My job is great--I totally know this is where I am supposed to be. However, the new culture is taking some getting used to. There are some nuances that are just part of Christian Higher Ed and that's the way it is. However, some things...well...they're a shock.


I've met some very nice people, haven't been to the beach yet (I kind of forget it's there), I am beginning to wonder where the sun is, and I am now a huge fan of Trader Joe's--that's right, I've gone organic!


There's a Starbucks and Mexican restaurant on every corner (no lie). The town I am living in has public transportation options (love it). My commute is short (yea!). I've become a CA driver with MN liscence plates (scary).


It's a weird time of transition, but I'm looking forward to the lessons I'll be learning. That said, here is a quote to ponder:


"If you think of this world as a place intended simply for our happiness, you find it quite intolerable: think of it as a place of training and correction and it's not so bad." CS Lewis

1 comment:

Lynnea said...

Sarah! It's so good to get an update and to hear that things are going well for you!

Don't forget: December 23rd, my house. Mexican crock pot hot chocolate. BE THERE!