November 21, 2007

A train, India, and lots of orange luggage...

The Royal Tenenbaums is probably one of my all time favorite movies, for the sheer fact that it random and has a plot all at the same time. So, I was very excited when a group of people out here in CA invited me to go see the Darjeeling Limited with them, which I have been wanting to see for some time.
Some of you may not have seen it yet, so I won't ruin the movie for you (because I hate it when people do that--I never saw Phenomenon or Legends of the Fall because I was told the endings to both).
But, if you like random movies filled with illustrations that could be discussed for years to come, go see it. And then, when you see it, let me know what you think everything means...
Yes, it is a little bizzare, and yes, there are parts that you wonder what the heck Wes Anderson was thinking, but all in all, a good film. And the acting was superb.

But Royal Tenenbaums is still better...

1 comment:

Lynnea said...

Erik and I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago and we loved it! We've been having good luck with movies recently, though; Last week we went to see "Once" at Hopkins and it ranks in my top five favorite movies of all time. And I don't say that lightly. You would LOVE it. It's hard to find in theaters, but it's out on DVD Dec. 18th. Maybe we'll have a viewing over Christmas. :)